Your electric bill rises in the winter time from the shorter days/longer nights and the many more activities we do inside our homes. He are some simple tips you may have overlooked as ways to control your winter electrical costs.
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Change your light bulbs to bulbs with higher efficiency
- Use your microwave instead of the higher energy stove
- Use ceramic or glass pans to reduce your baking temperatures by 25 degrees
- Give your home a gift of an Energy Star electronics or appliance
Most of these tips will not cost you any dollars. Combined they will help reduce your winter electric bill.
Stay warm and safe.