Holiday Saftey Tips for Your Family Celebaration…The holiday seasons are upon us, a time of joy and celebration. It is also a time when your home is more vulnerable to fires. Here are some Holiday Home Fire Facts from the Red Cross.
- Nearly 47,000 fires occur during the winter holidays claiming more than 500 lives,causing more than 2,200 injuries, and costing$554 million in property damage.
- On average, one of every 22 home fires started by Christmas trees result in death.
- Candle fires are four times as likely to occur during the winter holidays.
- During the winter holiday season, an average of 40 home fires per day are caused by children playing.
- The number of home fires the American Red Cross has responded to has risen 10% since Having a working smoke alarm reduces one’s chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.
By now, you may have already put up your Christmas tree and lighting decorations. Use this Holiday Safety Tips for Your Family as a checklist to review what you have already done with your home. It is never too late to do a safety check on you holiday decorations. The few minutes of time will ensure that you family holiday celebration will be safe and wonderful.
Holiday Safety Tips for Your Family Celebration